What Exactly Is In Our Water That Makes It Unsafe?

Our drinking water has become contaminated with an enormous amount of dangerous chemicals and parasites. Recent evidence has suggested that there is no natural water source in the world that is free of micro plastics from clothing, cosmetic and other products. Bottled and spring water offer no guarantees of safety. Even bottled distilled water may contain chemicals from the bottle itself.

Heavy metals are one group of toxins in many water sources. These include lead from old infrastructure and arsenic, which may be naturally found but is more likely a product if industrial chemicals. Chromium VI can be very toxic, especially since it might replace the essential chromium III when you are deficient in trace minerals. These metals are removed by distillation or reverse osmosis filtration.

Agricultural runoff may contain herbicides, pesticides, and parasitic organisms from factory farms that invade the groundwater. Chlorine and fluoride additives from water treatment facilities are another problem.  More recently, pharmaceuticals, such as Prozac and blood pressure medications, have been found ubiquitously in western countries.

If you want to keep yourself and family safe, consider changing the water you drink. See my article on Clean Water for more information.

en_USEnglish
Scroll to Top